Friday, May 13, 2011

Naked Whipper - Painstreaks (1995)


When some one recommends music to me, my attitude is either immediate enthusiasm or stubborn dawdling. In the case of Naked Whipper, my idiotic resistance to their name let the album gather dust in my iTunes folder until I finally got around to listening to it earlier this week. And I'm a little chastened to say that I absolutely loved it.

This German black/grind metal band from the mid-'90's will appeal to anyone who likes less traditional metal with some awesome, screechy vocals that sound more death metal inspired. This is their only full length and is full of songs about sex and S/M, my second favorite subject (next to Satan, of course). The album is made up of short, catchy tracks. I could do without the second half of the album being a live copy of the first half, but it's a minor complaint.

Track list:
1. Pagan Pussy Gore Intruder
2. The Ultimate Molestator
3. Whore of Damnation
4. Perverse Delight
5. Nunrider
6. Impure
7. Anal Queen
8. Painstreaks
9. Naked Whipper
10. Hyperincest
11. Nuclear Solutions - Creations of a Demonic Age
12. Nunrider (live)
13. The Ultimate Molestator (live)
14. Whore of Damnation (live)
15. Perverse Delight (live)
16. Pagan Pussy Gore Intruder (live)
17. Impure (live)
18. Hyperincest (live)
19. Naked Whipper (live)
20. Painstreaks (live)
21. Anal Queen (live)
22. Nuclear Solutions - Creations of a Demonic Age (live)

Listen to it. You won't regret it. I also love the cover and the logo. They should probably consider getting back together, where ever in Germany they are now.

2 comments:

  1. No! I've just been busy. Sorry, will get on it more this week. I have lots of good stuff to share, too.

    ReplyDelete