Sunday, April 17, 2011

Acid - Maniac (1983)


I can't imagine metal fans not liking this album. It's catchy Belgian heavy metal from the early '80's fronted by a foxy lady with a powerful voice. If you like NWOBHM-influenced newcomers Christian Mistress at all, Acid is definitely a precursor to their style.

Released in 1983 by Megaton, this sought after sophomore effort was luckily reissued in 2000 by High Vaultage. There's a ridiculous album cover that pretty much says it all. I'm not even sure where I heard about this record, but I'm glad I checked it out. Fans of NWOBHM should appreciate it.

Track list:
1. Max Overload
2. Maniac
3. Black Car
4. America
5. Lucifera
6. No Time
7. Prince of Hell and Fire
8. Bottoms Up

Definitely check it out. And if you want to know more, there's a pretty good page about them over at femetal-records.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment